Monday, February 1, 2010

Fried Chicken and Waffles


Fried chicken and waffles. I never really thought much of the combination, but wow, after enjoying a tasty meal at Home of Chicken and Waffles in Oakland's Jack London Square, I now realize what all the hype is about.

First of all, you just can't go wrong with a good homemade waffle. The ridges and grooves are made for the syrup that slips inside. And fried chicken is just so freakin' delicious. The chicken should definitely be eaten with the syrupy waffle all in one bite. Genius, just a genius combination.

With a side of some real buttery mac and cheese, I was set.

Ok so this may be a major artery-clogging meal, but it was so darn good that it did not even matter. With every bite, my friends and I could not stop talking about how good everything tasted.

For another finger-lickin' fried chicken find, check out Bakesale Betty's fried chicken sandwich in Oakland's Temescal district.

No comments:

Post a Comment