Monday, September 20, 2010

Fig Galette aka Figs in my Belly (For Real)


Once upon a time there was a dinner party. After dinner the guests ate dessert. A beautiful purple dessert. A purple dessert with a nice golden flaky crust. Warmed and topped with homemade vanilla bean ice cream. Now that's a dinner party!

Fig Galette in the making:

Oh, yes, and there was also a lovely yellow nectarine galette:


I used this recipe for my dough. For the fig galette, I spread the bottom of the dough with raspberry jam, topped it with my sliced fresh figs, and then sprinkled a touch of sugar over the top. Super easy, and the result is just gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds amazing. Bookmarking this now. I'll have to wait for a special occasion to make it b/c it's too beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete